Learn about and use authentic polar data as you work toward conducting student investigations. Study the causes and impacts of Earth's changing climate. The program includes the vital perspectives of both western scientists and the indigenous Northern population.
SPRINTT is comprised of:
- Phase I: Thematic Content
- Data interpretation
- Integration of social elements (indigenous observations)
- Arctic/Antarctic Earth systems concepts (air, life, water, land)
- Phase II (optional): Content Lessons
Familiar science concepts are taught in the context of Earth's Polar Regions
- Phase III: Interactive, Online Student Investigations
11 investigations on topics that include:
- Changing Sea Ice
- Weather and Climate
- Biological Change
- Food Webs and Pollutants
Click here for a list of SPRINTT Test Topics.